Hockey is quite a dynamic and unpredictable team game, which attracts the attention of not only fans, but also bettors. It does not compete in relevance with soccer and basketball, but it has special advantages that appeal to players in live betting.
In their principle, live bets are very similar to the betting in the prematch, but have certain features, without knowledge of which a successful game becomes almost impossible. Every year the popularity of this type of betting in hockey is increasing, so bookmakers pay special attention to this particular area. With the growing popularity of live betting, online betting sites are also becoming relevant.
The main rules of live betting on hockey
Live bets are the bets that are made during the game. They give the opportunity to bet on a selected result at the highest possible odds. A bettor watches the game on TV or on one of the information websites, evaluates the course of a sporting event, chooses the right moment and makes a bet.
To be successful in the game, it is necessary to strictly follow the basic rules:
- Competent bankroll management. Without a serious approach to the financial side of the issue in the live game, you should not stay too long. Here there is a great temptation to deviate from a clear financial strategy, doubling the bets in order to win back. But this way will lead to the complete drain of your own bank, and will not bring anything except losses. An alternative option is to play “flat”, where the percentage of the total pot for each bet is determined in advance. As a rule, it should not exceed five percent.
- Intelligent bets. The advantage of live betting is that it is possible to earn, if you know the discipline very well.
- Watching broadcasts. Live mode allows you to bet at the same time as watching the match online. During the game, it is possible to notice many details that allow you to get a head start on the bookie, and, taking advantage of the moment, get a good income.
- Control of emotions. It is very important to keep your wits about you, not to give in to negative emotions and not to go all-in with the aim of winning back the bets you lost. It is the only way to drain the bank completely.
- Knowing the rules of the betting company. Before you make a bet, you must clarify the rules for calculating bets. It is necessary to find out whether overtime is taken into account when winning or not.
- You should not try to get a big profit at once. You can make a few successful bets, but, as a rule, a series of successes is followed by defeats. It is better to earn small amounts, but constantly, than to win several times in a row, and then lose everything.
- Analysis of your own statistics. It is important to keep records of all won and lost bets, to understand where mistakes are made.
- Choosing a legal and reliable betting company, which should conduct its activities according to the officially issued license.
- Experience is the most important thing. Before placing a real money bet, a beginner should watch how others play. In live play, the main thing is to make lightning-fast decisions, so only having the ability to predict the coming changes in the line, it is possible to make a reasonable bet and make a profit.
Every beginner should understand the main thing – only by sticking to the basic rules, you can achieve certain success in betting. It is also important to determine a strategy. After all, any live betting does not exist without a certain strategy.
Peculiarities of analysis
It is necessary to analyze events and statistics not only for pre-match, but also for live betting. This is a very important component of a successful betting game. In order for the prediction to be accurate and of high quality, it is necessary to consider the main factors in the analysis process:
- It is important to determine the percentage of pucks that were kicked by the goalie. Such information can easily be found on statistical services or information resources such as Scores24.
- Defensive line analysis. This is the percentage of goals that were scored and conceded.
- The level of the offensive players, which is determined by the number of goals scored and passes.
- The fatigue factor of players after the next game.
- If the club has achieved all of its goals, it may relax and not show a high result in the next games.
- The current physical condition of the players. To estimate it, you should look at least five previous matches.
- The composition of the team, the presence of disqualified and injured players. With a large number of absent sportsmen the strength of the team is much weaker.
To make predictions more accurate, it is worth allocating maximum time to study the peculiarities of hockey discipline. The more information a player has before the game, the more accurate the predictions will be on the result.
Live betting is quite an interesting and fascinating type of game, but as with everything, it has its pros and cons. The advantages include:
- A high probability of a comeback.
- Betting companies offer a wide range of bets on a daily basis.
- High odds on the KHL, NHL and other prestigious tournaments.
- The analysis is not as complicated as in soccer, since the team has only goalkeepers, defenders and forwards.
Bookmakers can not always react in time to situations that happen on the ice, so experienced bettors often find forks and values. A clear disadvantage is the difficulty in identifying favorites, since many championships are played by teams of equal strength.
Such bets are more suitable for experienced bettors, who have knowledge, can control their emotional state well and do not follow the opinions of others.